- It is the most numerous species of tiger in Asia, but it is endangered! Less than 2,000 are estimated to exist.
- It has no predators in its natural environment. None. Think about that ... wow.
- Newborn cubs are born blind and helpless. Their mother feeds them milk for 2 months before being introduced to meat. After about 18 months, they begin hunting on their own.
- It is estimated that 1% of them are actually DNA-hybrids with Siberian Tigers. But because males from the hybrids are sterile, it's believed that these hybrids exist due to breeding mistakes made while they're in captivity.
- Males weigh up to 500 lbs, and females up to 310 lbs
- They consume up to 60 lbs of food at one time! They normally feed on larger animals like deer, buffalo, and antelope.
- They're known to stalk its prey and attacking when the prey is caught off guard.
- They live alone and scent-mark their own territories to keep competition away.
- They can run up to 35-40 mph!
- Females typically raise her cubs with very little help from the male. My wife would probably say they're not very different from humans for this ... haha, jk.
- They are extremely deadly and will attack human.
This is Shere Khan in the Jungle Book movie. Very well done, huh?
This is a real Bengal Tiger - don't mess with it.