Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Amazing Animal Fact: Houseflies

House flies aren't the type of animal which I would expect to be associated with many amazing animal facts. After all, they're just houseflies - how interesting can they be?

Well, as a matter of fact, they are amazing! One amazing fact is that houseflies always hum in the key of F! So next time you're looking to tune an instrument to F, just find a housefly!

But, to me, the most amazing animal fact about houseflies is that they have a very short lifespan - around 14 days. Why is this amazing? Because the houseflies that keep "bugging" me (pun totally intended) at my house have definitely been annoying me for much longer than 14 days. That means that the houseflies at my place are super-houseflies. Now that's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment