- A rooster is simply an adult male chicken. (Adult females are hens.)
- Roosters can fly - but because they're so heavy, they can only go about 200 feet.
- Roosters have bad senses of smell and taste, but are great at hearing.
- There is evidence of roosters having been on farms for about 5000 years!
- You can find roosters on every continent except Antarctica.
- For chickens in general, a study in 2003 concluded that there were over 24 billion chickens in the world - which outnumbered the amount of humans by 3 to 1.
- The ancient Greeks believed that even lions were afraid of roosters, as evidenced by several of Aesops Fables such as "The Lion and the Elephant."
- It's long been believed that roosters have 5 virtues: literary, military prowess, courageous, benevolent, and trustworthy. Actually.... I think that believes is for people born during the year of the rooster, and not to roosters themselves...
Why did the Rooster cross the road? ....
... To prove he wasn't a chicken!