Happy Turkey Day!
- Each turkey has a unique voice.
- They almost went instinct in the early 1900's.
- The funny looking nose is called a snood. And females are known to pick males with a longer snood.
- In fact, the snood is an indicator of the health of the male - the longer the snood the healthier
- They can run at 25mph but can fly at 55mph!
- Benjamin Franklin once called the turkey a "much more respectable bird" than the bald eagle.
- My favorite fact: the gender of a turkey can be determined by its droppings. That's right. Males produce spiral-shaped poop, and females produce poop that's shaped like a J.