- They can leap 20 times the length of its own body!
- Tucked under their wings are membranes that vibrate in response to sound waves, meaning their ears are on their abdomen!
- Grasshoppers existed long before dinosaurs! Fossil records show they first existed during the Carboniferous period more than 300 million years ago!
- Grasshoppers eat about half its own body weight in plants per day, meaning a swarm will devour crops.
- Grasshoppers and locusts are the same thing.
- Their musical "stridulating" will sing your children to bed.
Okay, I made that last one up - darn!