Next time you visit a farm, remember these amazing facts about chickens:
1) The are the closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus Rex!
2) They are believed to have over two-thousand different noises that they make for communicating.
3) Only chickens with red ear lobes lay brown eggs.
4) Think chickens only lay white or brown eggs? Wrong. Different breeds lay different colored eggs. For example, the Ancona breed lays purple eggs, and other breeds lay green, blue and many other colored-eggs!
5) Still wondering whether the chicken or the egg came first? Scientists believe the answer is ..... drum roll please... the egg! This is because the first chicken likely hatched from an egg laid by a species of animal that was not quite a chicken. Reptiles laid eggs long before chickens, and thus evolution plays a part in debunking this riddle.
So, did the T-Rex really have feathers? The real question we should be asking is: if a chicken were the size of a T-Rex, who would be eating who?